On April 4, 1929, the Plant City Lions Club was formed. From the very inception, the Lions Club has depended on the citizens of Plant city and the surrounding communities to support the club's endeavors to provide eye exams, eye glasses, and all of the projects that the Lions Club takes on. During our history, we have been privileged to have as members of the club some of the finest people in East Hillsborough County. Many have served as president, some as district officers and chairman, some as state chairman and two have held the prestigious office of District Governor in 1959-60. The late Bob Lastinger served as District Governor in 1986-87 as well as a Past International Director frrm 2003-05. The Lions Club and its Auxiliary have been the proud sponsors of the Strawberry Festival Queen's Pageant since its beginning in 1930.